Canoe Lake Mead and Overlook Hoover Dam
Come canoe the beautiful waters of Lake Mead and rest your eyes on one of man’s most majestic creations, the Hoover Dam.
Price includes lunch, round trip transportation, and equipment.
Difficulty: Easy, paddle for 3 hours with a break in the middle.
Lunch and snacks will be included in the price of the trip.
- 9:00am Meet at the Student Recreation and Wellness Center in front of the Outdoor Adventure office in the lobby.
- 9:40am-10:25am Vans depart. Travel time is approx. 45 minutes Boulder Dam Bridge.
- 10:25am-11:00am Walk up and look at the Hoover Dam from the Pat Tillman Memorial Bridge.
- 10:50am-11:05am Drive to Boulder Beach
- 11:05am-11:30am Unload canoes at Boulder Beach
- 11:30am-1:00pm Canoe to Rock Island.
- 1:00pm-2:00pm Prepare and eat lunch.
- 2:00pm-3:30pm Canoe and return to loading area.
- 3:30pm- 4:00pm Load canoes.
- 4:00pm-5:00pm Drive back to UNLV.
- Closed toe shoes you can get wet.
- Clothes you can move comfortably in, preferably layers.
- At least 2 liters of water. Make sure bottles are filled before departure.
- A small backpack to carry water, food, and sunscreen in.
Any questions about this trip or trip preparation should be directed to:
*Times of arrival back onto campus are estimated and due to change without notice
This event is open to the public. Registration Due by 5:00 p.m. on Feb. 26, 2019.
- $46 for Students and Members
- $56 for Non-members
Registration includes the completion of the Health History form and the Trip Waiver. Both of these documents require a printed signature.
More info on this event
UNLV Outdoor Adventures