Canceled: GC: Networking: Building Professional Relationships and Enhancing Social Engagement
No species on Earth is as social as human beings. Our ability to forge and strengthen our connections with other people enriches our lives and sends us in exciting new directions. Besides the social benefits of connection, meeting the right people and creating a strong network can propel you toward a fulfilling and lucrative career. This is why developing your networking skills is critical to your career success. In fact, effective networking may be one of the most important ways to jump-start and advance your career. Despite their importance, networking skills are not always prioritized in academic programs. This is where The Grad Academy comes in. Attend our workshop to learn how to assemble your network effectively and build a good professional reputation.
By participating in this workshop you will:
- Learn practical tips on how to branch out and introduce yourself - elevator pitch, etc.
- Learn how to cultivate and enhance current relationships.
- Learn ways to network on professional platforms- LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.
The Grad Academy Pillars: Communication, Career Prep
The Grad Academy Program: PGCPP, GRA
Learning Experience: Interactive, Panel
Lifecycle Stage: Early-Mid-Late Master’s, Early-Mid-Late Doctoral
- Dr. Kyle Kaalberg, Executive Director, Strategy and Strategic Initiatives
- Marti Winer, Vice President at MGM Resorts Event Productions
- Brittani Sterling, Social Sciences and Interdisciplinary Studies Librarian
This workshop has been postponed.