CANCELED: Facilitated Conversation: Navigating the Virtual World Part 1
This event has been canceled.
Grad Rebels have had to overcome various challenges in the past couple of months, whether it’s been in their roles as students, graduate/research/ teaching assistants, parents, caretakers, and more. In light of our new norm, we invite you to join us for a two-part conversation regarding challenges and best practices in navigating the virtual world.
By participating in this workshop you will:
- Discuss how the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted how we navigate entering the job market; teaching effectively; learning effectively; defending theses/dissertations/professional papers virtually, and more
- Express challenges you have faced in different areas and what the graduate community can do to best assist you
- Conversate with professors, career coaches, students, and online education experts
PDA Type: N/A
PDA Pillars: Career Prep.
Learning Experience: Lecture & Interactive
Time Commitment: < 2 hours
Lifecycle Stage: Early, Mid, Late Master’s & Early, Mid, Late Doctoral
- Kelly Mays, Associate Professor, English
- Nicole Hudson, Associate Director of Campus Relations, Online Education
- Eileen McGarry, Executive Director, Career Services
- Jennifer Stevens, Ph.D. Candidate, Sociology