A successful mentor-mentee relationship is an important component of becoming an undergraduate researcher. In this informative and interactive workshop, students will learn the ingredients towards establishing and maintaining a successful mentor-mentee relationship with their faculty research mentor. In addition, students will be exposed to strategies and best practices on how to communicate effectively with their faculty research mentors.
Learning Objectives: By participating in this workshop you will:
- Learn how to establish and maintain an effective relationship with a faculty mentor
- Learn why a mentor-mentee relationship is important for the success of an undergraduate researcher
- Learn effective communication skills with your faculty research mentor
- Dr. Levent Atici, Executive Director, Office of Undergraduate Research
- Dr. Matthew Della Sala, Assistant Director for Undergraduate Research