Best Practices in Faculty Recruitment Training: Mitigating Bias and Writing the Job Vacancy Ad
Join us for both sessions or drop in for the hour you need!
Writing the Job Vacancy Ad | 11:00 a.m. - 11:55 a.m.
This training is designed to be a hands-on "mechanics workshop" focused on techniques for writing job vacancy ads that invite a diverse applicant pool. The objectives are:
- to learn about the job vacancy advertisement process for UNLV
- identify the strengths and weaknesses of job announcements
- write and develop the narratives for college, department/unit specific job vacancy advertisements.
Mitigating Bias in Faculty Recruiting | 12:00 p.m. - 12:55 p.m.
This training is designed to identify our own individual implicit biases so that we can employ methods for mitigating these biases during the recruitment process. The objectives are:
- to identify implicit bias
- to recognize the types of biases that impact the recruitment process and the workplace
- mitigating methods for each.