Awards Gala: Marrocco Southern NV Business Plan Competition
The UNLV Lee Business School and the Las Vegas Business Press will announce the winners of the 2015 Southern Nevada Business Plan Competition at an awards gala. Teams of aspiring entrepreneurs have been competing since November to advance their business concepts.
The winning team will receive more than $80,000 in cash and prizes, including accounting and legal services, to help launch their new business.
The winner will be announced around 7 p.m.
Finalists will give a 60-second elevator pitch of their business plans to the judges and audience.
- CluedIn - is a company that offers a live action puzzle game known as the “escape room.” Players are locked into the themed room and must find clues to solve puzzles and make their way out within the allotted time. The team is led by UNLV student Patrik Balint.
- Matrix Trampoline Park - is a family fun park featuring trampolines. Team leader is Joey Deblanco.
- MoveoMedics - is a research and development company specializing in the design and sale of diagnostic software and wearable medical devices. Its flagship product is the SmartOrtho Detect, a shoe insole that helps diagnose the earliest stages of diabetic foot problems. The team is led by UNLV student John Landrith.
- ParkIt Sensors Corp. - is a company that provides smart parking technology to drivers through its ParkIt app. The team is led by Catherine Reid.
- Tread Control - is a tech startup that produces a device that uses 3-D scanning technology to measure tire tread depth. The Tread Control team is led by Matt Viton.
- Bill Payne, angel investor
- Bill Botts, angel investor
- Eugene Wong, angel investor
- Bryan Clark, attorney, Clark Corporate Law Group
- Dominic Marrocco, title sponsor
- Kimberly Stein, attorney, Howard & Howard
The Southern Nevada Business Plan Competition began in 2010 to help spark the Las Vegas economy. The competition is committed to identifying and growing the best new business idea in Southern Nevada. The contest is sponsored by the UNLV Center for Entrepreneurship at the Lee Business School and the Las Vegas Business Press.
This event is free and open to the public, but registration is required.
More info on this event
Center for Entrepreneurship & Business Press