Did you ever dream of becoming a teacher? It's not too late!
Join the COE's Education Student Services Center team for an info session about the College of Education's Alternative Route to Licensure (ARL) Programs to learn more!
- UNLV’s Alternative Route to Licensure (ARL) programs provide a fast track into teaching for individuals who hold a bachelor's degree outside of education.
- Comprehensive programs offer the ability to receive a conditional teaching license in the state of Nevada after one semester (based on successful completion of licensing requirements) and continue through the Nevada standard licensing requirements and Master of Education (M.Ed.) requirements for early childhood education, special education, and curriculum & instruction.
- Early childhood education (birth-2nd grade)
- Elementary education (K-8th grade)
- Secondary education (7th-12th grade; teaching fields: English, math, science, social studies)
- Special education (K-12th grade)
- Expedited track to a full-time teaching position
- Credits that count toward teaching licensure requirements and a master's degree
- Excellent job prospects in Nevada and Clark County School District
- Ability to teach in CCSD, private schools, and charter schools
- License reciprocity options for states outside of Nevada