Alternative Breaks trip participant application open!
Want to do something different on your academic break? Join a UNLV Alternative Break Trip! Often called “alt breaks,” these are student-led, university-sponsored trips that typically last a week. They’re a great way to experience a different community and explore social justice issues through service alongside communities. While you travel, your group will do service, learn, live simply, and get to know your fellow travelers and host community. Administrative or academic faculty members attend to support learning and maintain administrative aspects. These trips are subsidized by the University to be affordable to students, but still have some financial commitment from participants (cost dependent on the trip).
- Applications close February 27.
For more info, visit our website.
- Submit your application online (can take 25-40 minutes) and
- Submit deposit online (link is at the end of online application)
- Credit/debit is processed online via the link; cash/check process online, select “pay by invoice” and then deliver cash/check to the Student Union and Events Services office on the 3rd floor of the Student Union Monday-Friday, 9 AM- 5 PM.
- Remaining balance should be paid online via the link provided to participants once they have been offered a spot on a trip.
- (Trip costs cover housing, transportation, food and any associated nonprofit partner volunteer fees.)
More info on this event