Are you interested in conducting research in a laboratory? Prior to stepping inside a UNLV lab and working alongside faculty research mentors, undergraduate researchers are required to take a chemical hygiene training course. This workshop, facilitated by Risk Management & Safety (RMS), fulfills this requirement. RMS staff will cover a variety of lab safety techniques and hazards to avoid.
By participating in this workshop you will:
- Understand the mechanics of lab safety
- Learn the types of hazards that exist inside a research lab and how to safely conduct research with chemicals and other agents
- Learn about the required precautions when conducting research in a lab
- Julie Bertoia, Technical Quality Assurance Specialist, Department of Chemistry
- George Fratus, RMS, Environmental Management & Lab Safety Manager