All Things Lab Safety
Are you interested in conducting research in a laboratory? Prior to stepping inside a UNLV lab and working alongside faculty research mentors, undergraduate researchers are required to take a chemical hygiene training course. This workshop, facilitated by Risk Management & Safety (RMS), fulfills this requirement. RMS staff will cover a variety of lab safety techniques and hazards to avoid.
By participating in this workshop you will:
- Understand the mechanics of lab safety
- Learn the types of hazards that exist inside a research lab and how to safely conduct research with chemicals and other agents
- Learn about the required precautions when conducting research in a lab
- Julie Bertoia, Technical Quality Assurance Specialist, Department of Chemistry
- George Fratus, RMS, Environmental Management & Lab Safety Manager
This workshop is free to all UNLV students.
The Office of Undergraduate Research is using Event Pass for all events and workshops. If you are new to Event Pass, please access this link to get familiarized with the platform. If you already have an Event Pass account, please RSVP by clicking on the red button below.
Office of Undergraduate Research