This two-day course provides attendees with an in-depth understanding of contemporary regulatory issues in gaming enforcement. The program is a blend of traditional classroom style learning, cases studies, and experiential exercises led by gaming regulatory experts from both UNLV and the Nevada Gaming Control Board.
- Overview of Enforcement Role & Organizational Elements: Understanding the purpose of enforcement in gaming, covert and cooperative investigations, undercover investigations, and investigations of illegal gambling. Identification of organizational reporting and specialty areas.
- Understanding Rules and Procedures of Table Games: A hands-on examination of baccarat, craps, blackjack, roulette as well as game-play of new table games.
- Current Trends in Gaming Crimes: A review of recent observations of cheating schemes and scams, as well as examination of surveillance footage.
- Patron Disputes: Techniques for responding to and investigating patron disputes, preserving evidence, and working with a surveillance team.
- Current Trends in Gaming Crimes Case Studies: Recent observations regarding counterfeiting and illegal bookmaking through case-based study. Future trends in enforcement will also be investigated including studies of bitcoin and esports.
- Evidence Preservation & Court Processes: Securing evidence, protecting chain of evidence, and preparing for hearing and courtroom testimony.
- Inspection Procedures: Performing inspections of gaming operations and equipment.
- Chip / Token Approval: Procedures and processes for review and approval.
- Gaming Employee Reviews: An examination of the processes and procedures for gaming employee background checks: Interviews, evidence gathering, and preparing reports.