Help students conduct new and extensive research around the training and preparation of teachers! Evaluate, develop and conduct approaches to teaching that address a variety of educational settings! Establish a program that will license students who wish to make an impact in educational settings, while grant in autonomy and building responsibility!
Recruiting the Best & Brightest for a Unique Opportunity
A central component of UNLV’s NITEP strategy is the establishment of a fellowship program for undergraduate students, which will provide both financial rewards to fellows and distinct leadership opportunities that are not typically available to undergraduate education students. Our goal is to enlist promising scholars into teaching, to prepare them in an environment that demands constant innovation, and to ready them for advanced leadership opportunities throughout their careers.
Who is eligible to become a NITEP Fellow?
- Competitive high school cumulative grade point average
- Higher ranking in class rank
- ACT or SAT test scores
- Innovative and critical thinking skills
- Strong desire to be an educator in the K-12 system
Stipend: $25,000 in total
- Freshman $ 2,500
- Sophomore $ 5,000
- Junior $ 7,500
- Senior $10,000
Other Perks and Benefits
From the start of the program, students receive
- Financial packages to help offset tuition.
- Direct mentorship from education practitioners, faculty members, researchers, and community constituents.
- A Young Professional Starter Kit, which includes a laptop, portfolios, business cards,
- NITEP branded attire, and much more.
- Hands on training to challenge students to view teacher education through multiple lenses
Ready to start your journey?
The College of Education is actively searching for its second cohort of NITEP Fellows. Interested applicants should apply by April 15, 2020 using the application below.