Minor in Latina/o Studies
The Latina/o Studies program focuses on the experiences of Latina/os from an interdisciplinary perspective including English, Foreign Languages, History, Political Science, Sociology and Women’s Studies. This program will provide an academic and scholarly foundation for students to study and interpret the needs and social/cultural, political, educational, and historical conditions of Latina/os in the United States. It will help prepare students to work in settings that require understanding, serving, or interacting with this diverse population.
For information regarding accreditation at UNLV, please head over to Academic Program Accreditations.
- Demonstrate awareness of diversity within Latino communities.
- Demonstrate historical and social knowledge of at least 2 or 3 of these ethnic communities.
- Acquire research methodologies for studying these communities.
- Develop methods for thinking historically through the subjects of race, class and gender.
- Acquire reading, writing, and critical analytical skills.