Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management; Concentration in PGA Golf Management
The hospitality management program offers concentrations in four areas: gaming management, meetings and events, restaurant management, and PGA golf management. Declaration for a concentration can be made anytime after acceptance into the hospitality management program. For more information about the courses required to obtain a degree in this concentration view the concentration flyer.
The UNLV PGA Golf Management University Program, accredited by The Professional Golfers' Association of America (PGA), is a university degree program designed to attract and educate bright, highly motivated men and women to serve all aspects of the industry and to produce PGA members. The comprehensive degree program blends university degree requirements with requirements of the PGA's Professional Golf Management (PGM) Program.
The UNLV PGA Golf Management University Program is administered through the William F. Harrah College of Hotel Administration. Students graduating from the UNLV PGA Golf Management University Program will receive a Bachelor of Science degree with a major in Hospitality Management, and a concentration in PGA Golf Management. The UNLV PGA Golf Management concentration is delivered through a 121 credit hour degree program consisting of: university general education, hospitality management major, and the PGA Golf Management Concentration.
The PGA Golf Management concentration offers a comprehensive curriculum and extensive internship experiences to prepare students to work in the expanding golf industry. The PGA Golf Management concentration includes 23 credit hours within the Hospitality Management major dedicated to the PGA PGM learning objectives. Successful completion of this course work, along with the PGA Playing Ability Test, and 16 months of internship will provide students the PGA Golf Management concentration designation on their transcript. Obtaining U.S. citizenship, successful completion of the PGA of America background check, and eligible employment within the industry upon graduation qualifies graduates with the PGA Golf Management concentration membership into the PGA of America.
For information regarding accreditation at UNLV, please head over to Academic Program Accreditations.
- Demonstrate the knowledge of the PGA constitution
- Demonstrate the knowledge of the rules of golf
- Demonstrate the knowledge of tournament operations
- Demonstrate the knowledge of golf car fleet management
- Demonstrate the knowledge of golf club design and repair
- Demonstrate the knowledge of fundamental golf instruction
- Demonstrate the knowledge in golf swing analysis and teaching effectiveness
- Demonstrate the knowledge in business planning and operations specific to golf management
- Identifying and applying appropriate customer relations techniques
- Explain and apply turf grass management concepts to a golf course
- Demonstrate knowledge of the swing concepts of teaching
- Demonstrate the knowledge of supervising and delegating
- Describe and apply merchandise inventory management concepts to a golf club setting
- Demonstrate the knowledge of food and beverage control in a golf club setting
If there are no Plans of Study listed under this program, they may be listed under one of its sub-plans.