Bachelor of Arts in Asian and Asian American Studies
The Asian Studies program at UNLV is dedicated to enhancing knowledge about the traditions and contemporary societies of China, India, Japan, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Thailand, the Philippines, and other Asian countries. UNLV's participating faculty in the Asian Studies program offer a wide selection of teaching and research interests in multiple disciplines, aimed at communicating and sharing the distinctive cultural, political, linguistic, literary, artistic, and historical aspects of Asian life.
For information regarding accreditation at UNLV, please head over to Academic Program Accreditations.
- Acquire knowledge of the discipline of Asian Studies.
- Demonstrate awareness of the wide range of Asian cultures
- Recognize the historical and contemporary importance of Asia in world politics
- Demonstrate knowledge of the philosophical traditions of one or more Asian cultures
- Describe and analyze literary texts and artifacts of an Asian culture
- Demonstrate the ability to recognize and understand the complex political and economic relationships within Asia and between Asia and other regions in an increasingly globalized world
If there are no Plans of Study listed under this program, they may be listed under one of its sub-plans.