From the Disability Resource Center
As part of UNLV’s decision to transition from face-to-face to remote instruction, the Disability Resource Center (DRC) encourages you to review the following guidelines along with the faculty notification letter(s) you previously received this semester. To ensure that course materials created can be used by student(s) that receive accommodations in your course through the DRC these guidelines are necessary.
Alternative Formats (Alternative Media Services)
Electronic versions of course materials must be available to students in (Word Documents, Powerpoints, or Searchable PDF).
PDF Files created from photocopied materials are not accessible.
Electronic content should be uploaded to a UNLV-supported learning management system Webcampus to ensure compatibility with assistive technology.
Handwritten notes are not accessible. Materials must be in the above formats or typewritten.
Accommodations Related to Exams and Quizzes
DRC encourages instructors to administer all remote exams and quizzes in Webcampus
OIT can assist you should you need help implementing accommodations in Webcampus please submit a ticket to the IT Help Desk using: https://www.it.unlv.edu/webcampus/help-request-form or call 702-895-0777.
Things to keep in mind:
- The request must include specifics on the nature of the accommodation (e.g., 1.5X time on all uncompleted quizzes and exams), and the following statement
- Requests should be submitted at least 48 hours before your first exam or the scheduled exam.
- “I give the UNLV OIT permission to modify the quiz and/or exam settings in this course for the purpose of satisfying this accommodation.”
- Here is how to do this yourself on Webcampus https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13053
- You can also select that the student has to utilize a Respondus lockdown browser which will prevent her from accessing the internet. Here is a link from our OIT that covers a lot of your questions (look at the section called Respondus): https://www.it.unlv.edu/webcampus/canvas/instructors
- If an instructor is providing class notes, they must be in an accessible format (please see above).
If you have any questions about the content of this email, please contact Andrew Luiz at [Email: Andrew.email@example.com] or via telephone at 702-895-0866. Please CC [Email: firstname.lastname@example.org] in your emails.
Thank you for your time and assistance.