UNLV Supplies and Assistance
The following resources are available to facilitate resumption of on-campus operations. All of these services are centrally funded by the university.
What UNLV is providing:
- Five (5) KN95 masks per employee within a seven day period
- Two (2) cloth face coverings to all employees
- One personal size hand sanitizer to all employees
- Installation of hand sanitizer dispensers in buildings across campus
- Sanitation kits to departments for cleaning personal work spaces
Department representatives must submit an order through the Business Affairs Administration Portal to receive these items. Step by step portal instructions are available online. Delivery Services will coordinate curbside pick-up and/or delivery.
Information about KN95 Masks
Wearing a KN95 Mask
- Wash or sanitize your hands immediately before and after putting your KN95 on and immediately before and after taking it off.
- Unfold your mask and flatten the metal nose clip.
- Place the mask over your face, with the bottom below your chin and the nosepiece facing up.
- Place the straps of the mask over each of your ears.
- Adjust the metal nose clip using fingers from both hands to mold the clip to the shape of your nose.
- Adjust fit as necessary to reduce air flow around the mask.
- Significant facial hair (more than 3-days growth) adversely affects the ability of the KN95 to form a tight seal around your face and thus reduces the KN95’s effectiveness at protecting you from COVID-19. Therefore, parts of your face that come in contact with the KN95 should be free of significant facial hair.
- If you wear glasses and find fogging to be a nuisance, wash the lenses with soapy water and shake off the excess before putting on your mask (wipe off nose piece to minimize skin irritation).
Replace KN95 masks when they:
- Are soiled
- No longer cover the nose and mouth
- Are stretched out or have damaged ties or straps
- Cannot stay on the face
- Have holes or tears in the fabric
KN95 masks may be disposed in the trash.
Additionally, UNLV is:
- Enhancing cleaning: disinfection of touchpoints in high traffic areas
- Using of EPA-approved disinfectants that are effective against COVID-19
- Implementing industry COVID-19 best practices for air filtration and HVAC systems
Departments that removed and / or stored furniture to create socially distanced workspaces may contact Moving Services for assistance with moving those items back into their areas. The cost of this service will be centrally funded by the university. Contact Moving Services to request this service.
Signs and Messages
Integrated Marketing & Branding has created UNLV approved COVID-19 signage available for order. Signage will be centrally purchased by the university for departments. To order, please contact Integrated Graphics Services (IGS) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Post signs in highly visible locations (e.g., building entrances, restrooms, dining areas) that promote everyday protective measures and describe how to stop the spread of germs, (such as by properly washing hands and properly wearing a cloth face covering).
Ensure that your social distanced workplace is up to code and workplace layouts do not block fire & life safety devices