Advanced Graduate Certificate in Mental Health Counseling
The Department of Educational and Clinical Studies offers Advanced Graduate Certificates in Community Mental Health Counseling. The certificate program is designed for individuals already holding master’s degrees in counseling who are seeking to enhance their professional counseling practice and licensure options.
The Advanced Graduate Certificate in Mental Health Counseling is targeted primarily toward those individuals who have graduated from CACREP accredited or equivalent programs, but do not meet the necessary educational requirements for the LPC in the State of Nevada.
Faculty members in the Department of Educational and Clinical Studies endeavor to promote excellence in counselor education and counseling research. Our graduate counseling programs prepare students to:
- Serve as professional counselors, advocates, and leaders who maximize opportunities for individuals, groups, and communities with a particular emphasis on helping underserved and oppressed client populations;
- Address developmental, academic, career, mental health, socio-cultural, and wellness needs of clients seeking counseling;
- Help individuals, groups and communities strive to find meaning, involvement, worth, and dignity in their lives;
- Engage in action research and program evaluations to further the knowledge base and best practice initiatives of the counseling profession; and
- Advocate with local, state, and national organizations to promote client and societal wellbeing.
For accreditation information, please head over to Academic Program Accreditations.