Outdoor Adventure Policies
Reservations and Payment
- Payment for rentals must be on a credit card. The name listed on your credit card must match your name and your Government Issued ID, RebelCard or SRWC Member Card. Your matching ID will be checked upon picking up your equipment. The person who reserved and paid for the equipment is the only person allowed to pick up the equipment.
- I understand that any unpaid late, damaged or lost item fees of rental equipment will automatically be charged to the credit card on file.
- Equipment items and spots on trips are only reserved once payment is received. Payment must be in full. Payments are accepted in person or over the phone with credit card.
- Rental equipment and spots on our trips are available to anyone 18 and over with valid ID. UNLV students/faculty/staff must show valid RebelCard on the day of trip departure to check in for the trip. Non-UNLV students must show a current government-issued ID.
- Reservations must be placed and paid for at least 24 hours prior to pick up. Since we do not take rental reservations over the weekend, equipment must be reserved by Friday for weekend pickups.
- All rented items must be returned when the facility is open. Check facility hours. Canoes must be picked up and returned by appointment only, Monday through Friday. Equipment is picked up inside of the Student Recreation and Wellness Center. If picking up/dropping off equipment from 8am-5pm Monday through Friday, please come to the Outdoor Adventure office for pick up. If picking up/dropping off equipment outside of these hours, please walk to the front desk that is adjacent to the Outdoor Adventure office for service.
- If the equipment is not returned on the day or appointment time scheduled, then the renter will be charged an extra day for the item(s). If customers with canoe returns miss their original return time, they must work with the Outdoor Adventures Staff to schedule a new drop off time.
- Return of rental equipment items generally requires 15-30 to check gear in with our employees. This is considered the initial inspection. There will be a secondary thorough inspection done by our Outdoor Adventures Staff within three business days. Any damage or late return fees will be assessed during that time.
- A late fee will be double the “1st Day” rate. The fee will be charged every day that the item is late. We do not waive late fees, as they affect our other outgoing rentals. Items more than one week overdue will be considered lost and you will be charged for the replacement cost of the item.
- All gear must be clean (meaning not full of dirt) and dry (meaning dry). If you don’t return gear clean and dry, we will charge you an additional fee. Mold and mildew can do a lot of damage and we don’t want to charge you for it. For equipment that needs to be cleaned, you will be charged $10/hour until the item is clean.
- The Outdoor Adventures crew has done a lot of camping and backpacking and we know all about normal wear that comes with usage. However, we also know the kind of gear we carry lasts for years and years. With that in mind, rips, and tears, stains and missing parts, burn holes, and dents, etc. are things we will charge you for. For equipment that needs to be repaired, you will be charged $10/hour, plus the cost of any materials needed to repair the equipment.
There will be no 100% refunds on equipment or trips.
Equipment Rental Refunds
- Refunds for rentals from $1-$399
- 7+ days from equipment pick up: 75% refund
- 5-6 days from equipment pick up: 50% refund
- 4 days from equipment pick up: 25% refund
- 1-3 days from equipment pick up: No refund
- Refunds for rentals from $400+
- 15+ days from equipment pick up: 75% refund
- 8-14 days from equipment pick up: 50% refund
- 7 days from equipment pick up: No refund
- 17+ days prior to trip departure: 75% refund
- 8-16 days prior to trip departure: 50% refund
- 7 days prior to trip departure: No refund
For trips, if any permits were booked in your name, you will pay those at full cost.
A full refund will be given if a trip is cancelled by UNLV Outdoor Adventures.