General Education Requirements
- Begin math and English courses early. These courses are prerequisites for pre-major courses.
- Select pre-major courses. These courses are a priority since they are required for admission to the major.
- ACC 201, Financial Accounting
- ACC 202, Managerial Accounting
- COM 101, Oral Communication
- ECON 102, Principles of Microeconomics
- ECON 103, Principles of Macroeconomics
- ECON 261, Principles of Statistics, I
- ENG 102, Composition II
- Select one: MATH 127/128/132/176/181/182
- Computer requirement/proficiency (IS 101 or approved equivalent)
- Select university core courses. When possible, select courses that fulfill both university core and the multicultural/international requirements.
- International Business majors began language courses immediately, in order to be eligible for the required 300-level language courses during the junior year.
Upper Division Courses
Generally, upper division course may be completed in four regular semesters (with a full time course load). Once you have been admitted into the upper division level and selected a major it is critical to plan your upper division business courses by reviewing the prerequisites for each course.
It is strongly suggested that you attend a 30 minute advising appointment to review your graduation plan prior to your final semester.
Transfer Course Evaluation
You may check the Transfer Equivalence Table to determine if a course has been transferred to UNLV and if that course is degree-applicable. If you do not see a specific course listed, you may be asked by your advisor to submit course syllabi or course descriptions for review.
When submitting course syllabi (preferred) or course descriptions:
- The course number, title, credits, semester completed must match the information on your transcript
- Include a school identifier (college name, URL, copy of catalog cover)
- Write your name and student L# or SS# on each syllabi and course description.
- Identify the courses you believe to be the UNLV equivalent
- You may call the Undergraduate Advising Office 7 to 10 business days after you submit the paperwork to check the status of the decision