As of June 1, Clark County government rescinded its COVID mitigation and enforcement plan. Capacity limits have been restored to pre-pandemic levels and social distancing protocols are no longer required.
UNLV will resume routine in-person events without approval beyond the unit level. However, the university will continue to require major event organizers to submit in advance event plans for review and approval.
What is a major event?
A major event is defined as any event held at any UNLV campus or facility that meets one or more of the following criteria:
• Expected attendance of 150 or more people, or
• The event presents some likelihood of substantial disruption of the university’s academic, administrative, or auxiliary functions, or a scheduled athletics or cultural event, or
• Involves attendance by a high profile individual(s) where protection detail may be needed or coordination with an existing protection detail is necessary, or
• There is an expectation that the majority of the attendees will be non-UNLV guests, or
• The event is a dance or concert featuring amplified sound, or
• Event has a location or function which may impede egress, or cause traffic, parking, and/or risk management concerns.
Major event organizers must submit an event plan no less than 15 days prior to the event. To submit an event plan, complete the event questionnaire.
Non NSHE/UNLV affiliated events require a Facility Use License Agreement approved prior to the event.
For more information, contact Adam Garcia, 702-895-2634.