Overseen by our Assistant Director of Honors & Admissions, the HC Student Ambassadors serve as student leaders who actively participate in recruitment and admissions events as the “face” of the Honors College. HC Student Ambassadors are dedicated students, compelling communicators, and have a passion for sharing their experiences as a UNLV Honors College student.
HC Student Ambassadors receive $500 during each of the two semesters in which they serve, totaling $1,000 for the academic year.
Make a Difference
You’ll play an important role in helping future students see the advantages of joining the Honors College. Student-to-student connections make a world of difference for prospective students as they make important decisions about college.
This leadership role will sharpen your communication skills in both structured and unstructured settings while also enhancing your own connections with the campus and Las Vegas communities.
How It Works
Each Spring, the Honors College will select two highly motivated students to serve as HC Student Ambassadors during the following academic year. The HC Student Recruitment Ambassadors receive a $1,000 scholarship during the academic year in which they serve ($500 each fall/spring semester).
HC Student Ambassadors will assist with various recruitment and admissions activities for the Honors College, include attending on-campus recruitment events, college fairs, prospective student Q&A sessions, virtual presentations, school luncheons, and recruitment-related social media posts. Ambassadors will regularly share about their Honors experience in a variety of settings ranging from large audiences to one-on-one meetings with prospective students.
In order to be eligible to serve as an HC Student Ambassador, applicants must hold the following qualifications by the start of the Fall semester:
- Completed at least one full year at UNLV
- Achieved a cumulative UNLV GPA of at least 3.3;
- Completed at least 7 HON-prefix credits and have achieved an Honors College Core GPA of at least 3.0;
- Completed HON 101
- Have strong communication skills in a variety of public speaking and interpersonal settings
- Be enrolled as a full-time student and available on campus throughout the academic year (i.e., not studying abroad)
- Have availability to commit 5-10 hours each week (hours will vary each week based on scheduling of recruitment events, so flexibility is important)
- FAFSA or Alternate Need Form on file with UNLV
How to Apply
We invite all qualified Honors students to apply for this distinctive opportunity. Please be ensure you meet the eligibility requirements before submitting your application.
The deadline to apply for a HC Student Recruitment Ambassador position for the 2022-23 academic year is Monday, March 21, 2022.
For questions, please contact Kristina Hanson, Assistant Director of Honors Recruitment & Admission, at email@example.com.