UNLV’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provider ComPsych offers online resources that focus on various wellness topics. Resources include digital toolkits with curated information, interactive training modules, and newsletters with relevant articles and helpful tips.
EAP resources are available to all UNLV employees and eligible dependents.
Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Breast Cancer Awareness Month is observed in October. Breast cancer is the second most common cancer in women. Individuals can show their support of and give honor to breast cancer survivors and those who have lost their battle by wearing pink ribbons and participating in community events.
Visit ComPsych’s website and register using the organization Web ID: UNLVEAP for information on the different types of breast cancer, screenings, treatment, and prevention.
World Mental Health Day
October 10 is observed as World Mental Health Day to raise global awareness of mental health. The main components of mental health are emotional, psychological, and social well-being. A significant change in your life can affect one or more of those areas. That’s why it’s important to take a break and assess your mental health regularly.
ComPsych’s mental health resources include:
- Effective ways to maintain and improve your mental health
- Practicing mental wellness for a healthier lifestyle
- Coping strategies for those dealing with a crisis or traumatic event
- How to offer help to someone who is suffering
Self-assurance also relates to an individual’s mental well-being.
ComPsych’s self-assurance resources include:
- Transition strategies and living with change
- Resourceful tips for getting and staying motivated
- Developing a positive attitude
- Boosting self-esteem and increasing confidence