Mar. 20, 2020
- UNLV Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
- Visit the COGR website for the latest guidance on Agency Responses to COVID-19 and Additional Resources
National Institutes of Health
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Information for NIH Applicants and Recipients
- NIH Late Application Policy due to Public Health Emergency for United States for 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19
- General FAQs - Proposal Submission and Award Management Related to COVID-19
- Flexibilities Available to Applicants and Recipients of Federal Financial Assistance Affected by COVID-19
National Science Foundation
- FAQs About the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) for NSF Proposers and Awardees
- Impact on Existing Deadline Dates
Department of Energy
National Aeronautics and Space Administration
USDA - National Institute of Food and Agriculture
United States Army Medical Research Acquisition Activity
Food and Drug Administration
Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Guidance
- Request to OMB to expand M-20-11 to ALL federal grants subject to Uniform Guidance
- Request to OMB to clarify the notification requirement that requires federal notification as soon as possible when project experiences “delays, or adverse conditions which will materially impact the ability to meet objects...” Request specifically asks that notification occur with 90 days.
Applicable to federal awards issued to support research necessary to carry out the emergency response related to COVID-19 ONLY
- Pre-Award Costs: Agencies may allow pre-award costs incurred between 1/20/2020 to the effective date of the federal award (i.e. through the Public Health Emergency Period).
- No-Cost Extensions: Agencies may extend awards active between 3/21/2020 and 12/31/2020 automatically at no-cost for a period up to 12 months.
- Salaries on federal awards: Agencies may allow recipients to continue to charge salaries and benefits to active awards consistent with:
- UNLV’s directive of paying salaries under unexpected or extraordinary circumstances across all funding sources
- Salaries must be consistent with federal cost principles and the benefit to the project
- Prior approval requirements: Agencies are authorized to waive prior approval requirements as necessary. Costs must still be consistent with federal rules.
- Extension of financial and other reporting: Agencies may allow recipients to delay submission of financial or other reports up to 3 months beyond the normal due date.
- If agency allows a delay; UNLV can continue to draw down federal fund.