In 2018, UNLV raised more than $950,000 from generous alumni, student, faculty and staff and community members. These gifts helped fund:
- Latinx Voices Oral History Project in the UNLV Library
- GPSA Student Researcher Award Program
- College of Engineering Senior Design
- UNLV HOPE Scholars and so much more!
Your support matters! Thanks to your generosity, Rebels are achieving amazing things:
- UNLV joined the top 3 percent of public research universities as an R1 “very high research” institution as ranked by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education in 2018
- The College of Engineering program ranked in the top 200 of 4,000 programs internationally by the Shanghai Rankings Academic Ranking of World Universities
- UNLV’s Boyd School of Law ranked #1 nationally in legal writing programs, and #58 overall out of 192 schools in the U.S. News & World Report’s 2019 rankings
- UNLV was ranked 33rd among 600 colleges as best colleges for military veterans by The Military Times in 2018
- UNLV is consistently one of the top three most diverse universities, as ranked by U.S. News & World Report
- The William F. Harrah College of Hospitality was ranked the world’s best for hospitality and leisure management by the QS World University Rankings
Most importantly, gifts support the educational needs of more than 30,000 students, including first-generation college students, military veterans, nontraditional students, and the entire diverse group of students that fill our campus. In 2018-19, donations from the private sector allowed UNLV to award 2,392 individual, private scholarships. Eighty percent of those went to undergrads, while the other 20 percent went to grad students.