Email email@example.com or call 702-895-5313 with any questions.
The UNLV AFROTC Detachment 004 New Cadet Orientation for the Spring 2022 semester will be conducted in two different sessions. In order to enroll in the AFROTC program, prospective cadets MUST attend both sessions.
Orientation Part I will be held on 06 Jan 2022 from 0800-1100. *Orientation Part I will be conducted VIRTUALLY*. The orientation link will be emailed to prospective cadets who RSVP via the Google survey at the bottom of this page. During Orientation Part I, cadets will learn more about the AFROTC program and will fill out the documents required to enroll.
Once Orientation Part I is completed, prospective cadets will then attend Orientation Part II on 10 Jan 2022. During Orientation Part II, students will turn in their paperwork, be interviewed by Det 004 staff, and participate in a physical fitness assessment. More information will be emailed to prospective cadets after the successful completion of Orientation Part I.
Applicants must also to go to the Air Force ROTC website where they will create a cadet account and fill out an application by clicking on "Apply Now". Important: Retain your login and password!
Enrollment Documentation Requirements:
- Completed and certified sports physical (Form 28)
- NOTE: a blank form 28 will be emailed to students who fill out the below Google survey.
- For prior-enlisted members, a qualified medical exam (DoDMERB or MEPS) can be provided in lieu of a sports physical.
- Original birth certificate, naturalization certificate or current US passport
- Social Security card
- Selective Service number (males only)
- All males 18 years or older must register with Selective Service. You may provide your number one of two ways: (1) by furnishing a copy of the registration card, or (2) by going to the Selective Service System website. If you have already registered, enter the requested data and print the page with the Selective Service number shown on the page. If you have lost your card, please call 847-688-6888 to attain a replacement.
- If applicable:
- DD Form 214 or DD Form 785 and DD Form 4 (prior enlisted or AF Academy only)
- JROTC certificate of completion (or memorandum from unit commander indicating number of years completed in JROTC)
- Advanced Placement course certificates and/or college transcripts
- Copy of SAT/ACT scores
- Private pilot’s license
- Proof of Eagle Scout or Civil Air Patrol completion
- NSHE ID Number
- Current immunization records
If you are applying for the Fall 2022 semester, there will be two virtual orientation dates to choose from. Prospective cadets are only required to RSVP/attend one of the two virtual orientations in to signup for a walk-in orientation appointment.
If you cannot make any of the virtual dates, please reach out to us via email firstname.lastname@example.org so we coordinate your registration at a different time.
To RSVP for July 13 0830-1130 orientation, please fill out the Google survey here.
To RSVP for August 3 0830-1130 orientation, please fill out the Google survey here.