Rebels R.I.S.E. Kickoff Keynote & Major Exploration Fair
– Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 2:30 PM – 4:00 PM, SU Ballrooms B & C Attendance at this event is eligible for the Michael W. Bowers International Studies Award
- Keynote Speaker Dr. Tony Terrell, UNLV three-time graduate (B.A.’02, M.Ed.’07, Ph.D.’12), UNLV Athletics Hall of Famer, Rebel Pride Ambassador – is a former offensive lineman four-year starter for the Rebels who is the first UNLV player named an American Football Coaches Association Community Service All-American and only two-time winner of the Bill "Wildcat" Morris Most Inspirational Award. He played collegiately from 1999 – 2002 and is the second offensive lineman to be voted into the UNLV Athletics Hall of Fame and the first since 1994. He has been a UNLV employee for over 13 years and Nevada resident for 18 years. Working with students as an admissions/recruitment counselor, academic advisor, professor, administrator, and mentor is his passion and areas of expertise. In 2015, he received the UNLV Academic Advisor of the Year Award. A highly visible champion of his alma mater, he loves to show off his Rebel Pride on campus, in the community, and at athletic events. Dr. Terrell currently serves as Director of Advising and Recruitment at UNLV’s Honors College.
- The Major Exploration Fair will immediately follow the keynote, with representatives from all of the University advising centers present to discuss with you your current or future major or minor.
- This is the only event at which you can get your limited edition We RISE as Rebels 2017 t-shirt! Limited to the first 350 students!
- You will also be entered to win one of four $250 bookstore vouchers!
Rebels R.I.S.E. Workshops
– Wednesday, 10/4/2017 – SU 209 Attendance at this event is eligible for the Michael W. Bowers International Studies Award
- Using the Library 4 Success, offered by Rosan Mitola, Outreach Librarian – 11:30 AM – 12:15 PM
- Study Abroad workshop, offered by Gregory Stephany, Director of Education Abroad – 12:30 PM – 1:15 PM
– 10/9/17 – 10/13/17 – UNLV’s Research Week events can be found here: www.unlv.edu/researchweek. Undergraduate students are encouraged to take advantage of the opportunities presented during this week of programming.
Rebels R.I.S.E. UNLV Alumni Panel
– Monday, 10/16/2017, 1:00 PM – 2:15 PM – SU Ballroom Attendance at this event is eligible for the Michael W. Bowers International Studies Award
- UNLV alumni will answer career related questions asked by UNLV students and share their professional experiences and advice leading up to the Fall Job Fair on October 25, 2017. Attending alumni will include Mr. Mark Stark, CEO and Owner/Broker at Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Arizona Properties and Nevada Properties, as well as other UNLV graduates.
UNLV Career Services Fall Job Fair 2017
– Wednesday, October 25, 10 AM – 3 PM, Student Union Attendance at this event is eligible for the Michael W. Bowers International Studies Award
- UNLV Career Services invites student and alumni to come and connect with potential employers and network for future job or internship opportunities at the UNLV Career Services Fall Job Fair 2017. The fall semester event welcomes all majors and industries.
- UNLV Career Services Fall Job Fair