The UNLV Rebel Ready Mentoring Program is a new program that connects engaged faculty and staff members to undergraduate students who qualify as Rebel Ready to promote meaningful, one-on-one mentoring. The goal of the program is to increase the retention, progression, and completion of this student population.
As a Rebel Ready Mentor, you will:
- Be assigned one undergraduate Rebel Ready mentee and receive his/her contact information, class standing, and major.
- Engage in initial contact with your Rebel Ready mentee and determine mutual schedule availability.
- Meet with your Rebel Ready mentee at minimum twice a semester (once before mid-term and once after) in a professional setting. If you wish to do so, you can meet with your mentee over lunch in the Hazel M. Wilson Dining Commons at no cost (while funding is available).
- Receive basic materials for best practices in mentoring.
- Remain in touch with your mentee.
As a Rebel Ready Mentor, you should consider yourself your mentee’s guide to navigating and positively learning about UNLV’s campus and community. Feel free to discuss with them their academic and career goals, while sharing your experience and expertise. Introduce your mentee to your colleagues and other students; extend referrals to academic support services; and, most importantly, check in with your mentee from time to time!
For more information, please contact any member of the Rebel Ready Committee below.