The road to a college degree isn’t always a straight line from start to graduation. UNLV is dedicated to providing guidance, support, and resources to enhance the educational experience from orientation to graduation, and that is especially true for students who may identify as adult learners. UNLV strives to foster an environment of scholarship and service, where students feel that they belong to a community, no matter the path that led you to becoming a Rebel.
You may classify yourself as an adult learner if you identify as any of the following:
- You are 25 years of age or older;
- You have dependent children or loved ones;
- You have had an interruption or delay in your education since high school or a previous college;
- You work while attending school;
- Classified as financially independent for financial aid purposes;
- You serve or have served in the military (you may also like to work with the Military and Veteran Services Center at UNLV);
- You do not feel you fit in with the traditional undergraduate student body.
- Formerly incarcerated justice impacted