UNLV, LVCVA, and CCSD Partnership
UNLV, the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA) and Clark County School District (CCSD) will partner this fall on a host of election-themed educational activities for K-12 and college students leading up to October’s presidential debate.
The event’s intense focus on Las Vegas provides an unmatched educational opportunity for students at all academic levels to experience hands-on activities about American history/government, political and policy debate, the election process, voter education, and related issues.
- CCSD essay contests this fall, judged by community leaders, geared toward students in grade 9-12 with a scholarship and other prizes on the line
- Debate-themed lesson plans, including online “Join the Debates” curriculum through the Commission on Presidential Debates
- Debate watch parties at UNLV and CCSD school sites throughout debate season leading up to the Oct. 19 event at UNLV
- Collaborative activities between UNLV and CCSD debate teams, such as analytical commentary sessions during watch parties and classroom outreach
- Volunteer opportunities for students, including welcoming thousands of foreign dignitaries and other visitors to campus, providing technical support, and assisting media covering the debate
- Voter education activities at CCSD high schools and local colleges
- Collaboration with student government leaders and school personnel on community forums, online resource directories, and other election-themed activities