Women's Center Scholarships
The Jean Nidetch Women’s Center is pleased to offer the following scholarship; below are the eligibility requirements for the Jean Nidetch scholarship offered through the Jean Nidetch Women’s Center. If you are selected for the scholarship, you will be awarded the highest award for which you qualify. Applicants for the Jean Nidetch scholarship must be formally admitted to UNLV to be considered for an award.
Awards up to $2,500 over Fall and Spring Semesters for 4 continuous years
- Be entering freshman for the Fall term of the award.
- Have a minimum high school GPA of 3.0.
- Demonstrate financial need, per the Office of Student Financial Services. (FAFSA)
- Enroll in a minimum of 12 undergraduate credits during the semester/s of the award.
- Submit one letter of recommendation and support of their need and adversity from a professional person such as a high school principal, counselor, or teacher.
- Address a hardship or adversity they have overcome in their personal statement.
Deadline is May 2, 2014 before 5 p.m.