The Student Health Center offers the following services to students:
- Treatment of minor illness and injury;
- Male and female wellness exams including pap smears and contraception evaluations;
- Physical exams for academic programs and sports participation clearance;
- Immediate first aid and blood pressure checks;
- Basic vision screening with referrals to optometry/ophthalmologist as needed
- Pregnancy testing;
- Acute management and referral for sexual assault;
- Early detection and referral for care of chronic illness for coordination of ongoing care;
- Evaluation, continuing treatment, or referral for allergy antigen therapy;
- Onsite licensed lab offers a variety of tests with licensed practitioner’s order;
- Standard prescription and nonprescription medications are available through our licensed pharmacy;
- Free health information and health education programs available upon request;
- Tobacco cessation and information
- Immunizations/vaccinations including:
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis A/B
- Influenza (free to students)
- HPV (Gardasil)
- TB Skin Tests
- Specialty services including:
- Sports Medicine
For services not available on campus, referral lists to community providers are available at the Student Health Center. Payment for services outside the Student Health Center is the responsibility of the student.
Student Wellness Care Manager
The Student Wellness Care Manager is a Licensed Social Worker who is available to assist students in locating and utilizing various resources such as patient assistance programs offered through pharmaceutical companies for free or low cost medications for uninsured patients, state and government assistance, food pantries and food banks, shelters, utility assistance, health and mental health providers and specialists in the community, substance abuse/mental health facilities, and support groups.
The Care Manager works closely with the health care providers and staff of the Student Health Center in order to meet the unique needs of our diverse student population.
Please call 702-895-0543 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to schedule an appointment with the Care Manager.
IMPORTANT: To ensure CONFIDENTIALITY, please DO NOT include personal information (i.e. diagnosis, health history, birthday, credit card number, etc.) in the email or voice message. Thank you!
Student Health Center
Blood Draw Appointments