HYPER: Helping Young People Experience Recovery at UNLV
- Peer support group for UNLV students in any stage of recovery. Based upon 12-step & harm reduction principles.
- A formal AA or NA meeting, professional counseling or a replacement for addiction treatment program.
- College can be a stressful and you may need help staying sober. Join us and socialize with other students interested in sober fun.
- Meetings are held weekly in Student Recreation and Wellness Center Room 1010 on Thursdays at 1 pm to 2 pm.
- Topics for spring semester (to be discussed during meetings)
Stress management, relationships, how to support those in recovery, and yoga
H.Y.P.E.R. at UNLV is designed to create a supportive environment where students in recovery can continue long-term recovery, interact socially, excel academically, and be of maximum service to the University of Nevada Las Vegas, and the local, state, and national community.
Regular Peer-Support Meetings
Face to face weekly recovery meetings. We discuss relevant topics and allow time for member sharing and support. Feel free to bring your lunch!
How to Join the Student Organization
- Login to MyUNLV.
- Click on "UNLV Involvement Center" on the bottom left.
- Click on "Organizations".
- Locate HYPER and add yourself!
- Helping Young People Experience Recovery
- Foundation for Recovery
- Campus Recovery Programs
- Rebel Yell Article March 10, 2014
- Collegiate Recovery in Nevada
For questions regarding our collegiate recovery program, please contact Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS):
Email messages are not confidential and are only staffed by CAPS administrative assistants during regular office hours. Timely responses should not be expected. To discuss confidential concerns, please call us at 702-895-3627. If you have a crisis or an emergency, contact 911 for immediate assistance.