Healthy Rebel Peer Educators
"Leading The Way To A Healthier Day"
Members complete a 12-hour Leadership Empowerment training program and receive a nationally recognized certification as Certified Peer Educator. CPE training focuses on health and wellness issues with practice and development of inter/intrapersonal communication, referral and response skills, programming and evaluation skills.
Additional training is provided by the Rebel Wellness Zone professional staff to learn to conduct specific programs and events on the UNLV Campus.
Upcoming training to be announced.
Leadership and Professional Development!
Our Peer Education program is affiliated with The BACCHUS Peer Education Network. Being a UNLV Healthy Rebel Peer Educator connects you with more than 32,000 student leaders and advisors, with millions of peers reached at over 900 campuses throughout the world.
You will receive real-time, practical experience in health and wellness leadership, programming, evaluation, marketing, and communication skills that you can use in any future job.
We work with the Rebel Wellness Zone staff to conduct the following:
- "Bad Day Busters" — Beat the mid-semester blues! De-stressing activities held in visible area of campus during week 7 or 8 of the semester.
- "Stress Free Finals" — De-stressing activities and tools held during Study Week and/or Finals Week on visible area of campus.
- "Keep Your Rebel Covered" — Safer sex practices, STD/Is awareness, contraception and protection, Condom Challenge, relationship communication, The Big Bed, sexual assault and violence prevention/referral. Includes Sexual Responsibility Week, National Condom Day, Safe Spring Break activities, National STD/I Awareness Month, HIV/AIDS prevention and awareness; and World AIDS Day and World AIDS Awareness Week activities and programming.
- "Rebels Against Impaired Driving" — Alcohol Awareness, Distracted & Impaired Driving, National Collegiate Alcohol Awareness Week, Safe Spring Break, Police Day, Mocktails: Alternatives to Alcohol, Distracted Driving and Fatal Vision Goggles activities, local and national resources, and how to help a friend.
- Nutrition, Body Image & Fitness-related events — Love Your Body Day, National Nutrition Month, World Osteoporosis Day, National Fitness and Recreation Day, Wellness Expo.
We also collaborate with other student organizations and SRWC Professional Staff for programming in drugs and tobacco, environmental health, cancer awareness/prevention and civic engagement.
No health and wellness experience needed! Open to Undergraduate and Graduate Students enrolled at UNLV in all majors.
Log into MyUNLV, and click the UNLV Involvement Center Button. Search for Healthy Rebel Peer Educators.