The UNLV Sport Clubs Program provides students, faculty, and staff the opportunity to participate, educate, and compete in recreational activities as a means to enhance their collegiate experience and provide a vehicle for a well-rounded education through physical, social, and leadership development. While a club may not be NCAA affiliated, many travel and compete in regional & national competitions against other universities and colleges, as well as contend for their own respective national championships
The Sport Clubs Program provides participants with the opportunity to:
- Develop a feeling of belonging and understanding among individuals and groups
- Develop and maintain physical fitness
- Practice and refine existing sports skills
- Learn new sports skills
- Develop leadership skills and capabilities
- Develop knowledge and skills to participate in lifelong recreational activities
- Develop organization and administrative skills including program planning, delegation of responsibility and authority, group dynamics, fundraising, financial management and public relations
- Engage in structured intercollegiate competition
A sport club is a student-initiated and student-managed organization whose members are actively involved in determining the objectives and procedures of their club within the guidelines established by UNLV.
Form a Club
In order to form a sport club, interested students must first apply to be a registered organization with the UNLV Division of Student Affairs Student Engagement and Diversity. Through the registration process, the registered student organization may apply to be recognized as a Sport Club and report to Campus Recreational Services located in the Student Recreation and Wellness Center. Once formally established as a sport club, the club can travel to compete and host events on campus.
Program Coordinator for Intramural Sports, Special Events, & Sport Clubs
Graduate Assistant for Intramural Sports, Special Events and Sport Clubs
Graduate Assistant for Intramural Sports, Special Events, & Sport Clubs