Thank you for your interest in our undergraduate sociology program. We are a vibrant department with faculty studying and teaching a wide variety of fascinating sociological topics. We have developed an internship program where you can gain hands-on sociological experience and established a local chapter of the international sociology honor society, Alpha Kappa Delta (AKD).
The department's undergraduate program has several key degree objectives. The sociology graduate should have knowledge of:
- The key concepts, debates, and trends in sociology
- The major sociological paradigms and theories
- The variety of methods used in sociological research
In addition, you will be able to:
- Exercise your sociological imagination by applying sociological knowledge in their own projects—whether intellectual, personal, and/or political
- Express ideas orally and in writing by mastering the sociology curriculum (see Appendix C, degree objectives and assessment
Andrew L. Spivak, Ph.D.
Associate Professor & Undergraduate Coordinator
Department of Sociology
University of Nevada, Las Vegas
Las Vegas, NV 89154-5033