Welcome to the School of Social Work, where our dedication to the core values of social work are an integral part of our program.
Social and economic justice. Respect and worth of others. Cultural diversity. Self-determination. These values are what shape our curriculum, motivate our faculty's research, and help you develop into quality social work leaders.
The constantly changing urban environment that results in growing social problems fuels our commitment to these values. We prepare you to respond to the needs of Southern Nevada by:
- Offering broad expertise in child welfare, public policy, mental health, substance abuse, direct practice, management and community practice, research, health, and aging.
- Providing firsthand social work experience as you work with different social work agencies.
- Giving you the opportunity to specialize in direct practice, management and community practice, and child welfare.
- Supporting faculty research so that our faculty remain educated on the latest social work developments.
- Being fully accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
I encourage you to learn about our programs, meet with our faculty, and get started on making a difference in your community.
Joanne J. Thompson, Ph.D.
Director and Professor