Service Learning for Students
UNLV has a number of courses in which students serve the local community as a part of the learning process. There are numerous benefits to taking a service learning course.
What you can expect from a service-learning course:
- Valuable experiences that directly impact a population in your community.
- The opportunity to connect your service experience to course objectives.
- The chance to step out of your comfort zone and experience the community like you never have before.
- The opportunity to practice professional skills; community organizations will expect you to show up on time, communicate professionally, and meet deadlines and goals.
- Clear direction and training; you will participate in an orientation to learn about the organization’s mission, impact, and protocol for volunteers.