Emergency Notification System
Emergency Messaging System
The University of Nevada, Las Vegas offers an emergency messaging system available to students, faculty, and staff as part of its continual emergency preparedness planning. The program can send a text, email, or voice message to all enrolled cellphones and email accounts in the event of an emergency at the University. All students, faculty, and staff are automatically enrolled in this system. The system is only used during an emergency or unexpected closing of the University. You will receive test messages on a regular basis to ensure that the service is working as expected. Use your ACE login to update your information using the link below.
Updating Your Contact Information
To add a secondary email, landline, cellphone number, or make changes to existing contact information:
- Log in to the Emergency Alerts website above.
- Once logged in, click on “Services” and select the appropriate category to make changes.
- SMS (Text Messaging): Enter your phone number, including area code, and click “Add SMS.” This phone number will now be used to send you alerts via text.
- Email: Enter an alternative email address and click “Add Email.” This email address will now be used to send you alerts via email.
- Voice: Enter your phone number, including area code, and click “Add Voice.” This phone number will now be used to send you voice alerts via phone.
Opting Out of the System
- You will need to complete this every year.
Please note: Emergency Alerts relies on your cellphone carrier to transmit these emergency messages to you, therefore your receipt of these messages cannot be expressly guaranteed.