Regents' Rising Researcher Award: Call for Nominations and Application Packet
Each fall, the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) seeks nominations for the annual Nevada Regents' Rising Researcher Award which includes a plaque to be received at the annual campus recognition ceremony. Applications are submitted through the Regents' Awards Portal.
This year the call for nominations will be open from Sept. 2–Oct. 2, 2015.
This award is presented annually to one NSHE faculty member from UNLV, UNR, and DRI. Awards are based on early-career accomplishments and potential for future advancement and recognition in research. Candidates must have:
- A doctorate or terminal degree awarded within the last ten years.
- Candidates must have 5 years of service in NSHE by the date of the nomination in order to be considered for the award.
- A strong beginning record of accomplishment during the time of employment with NSHE.
- A record of outstanding research accomplishment that is demonstrable through publications, patents and intellectual property, or grants and contracts.
- Be nominated by a NSHE employee or student.
Those submitting nominations must be NSHE employees or students. (Self nominations are not accepted.) A formal one-page nomination letter addressing the following should be submitted:
- The significance, volume, and quality of the candidate' research including evidence reflecting recognized evaluation in the form of critically reviewed papers, presentations, books, monographs, and other forms of scholarly activity or recognition.
- In those disciplines where research grants and contracts are recognized as an important part of career achievement, there must be clear evidence provided in the letter of nomination that the candidate has been competitive for such grants at the national and or international level.
- The ways in which the candidate's early research or scholarly work has brought recognition to the NSHE and the promise for future accomplishments.
*Please note: If you intend to nominate a faculty member, please notify the nominee and submit the nomination letter to him/her. The nominee should compile all application materials, including the nomination letter, and submit them by the deadline through the Regents' Awards Portal.
Nominees must provide all materials to support their nominations. These materials include:
- A copy of the nomination letter.
- The nominee's current curriculum vitae, including a list of grants and contracts received, indicating the project title, name of grantor, amount of grant, beginning and termination dates, and the nature of the competition for the grant.
- No more than two examples (reprints or copies) of significant published works that the candidate feels are representative of his or her research accomplishments.
- A letter of support from a person knowledgeable of the nominee's qualifications.
All materials must be compiled in pdf format and submitted online through the Regents' Awards Portal. Materials that cannot be submitted online due to file size (e.g. entire books, videos) can be delivered to Dene Charlet.
The deadline for all materials is 5 p.m., Oct. 2, 2015. The nominee should compile all materials in pdf format for submissions online. Materials that cannot be submitted online due to file size (e.g. entire books) can be delivered to Dene Charlet.