Preparing Research Grant Proposals
A well-written, skillfully prepared, and organized research proposal is vital to the success of an application for research funding. OSP and the proposal development team provide assistance and guidance throughout the proposal development process to ensure proposals are as strong and competitive as possible. We can help in many areas such as locating funding opportunities, reviewing and editing proposal text, developing a budget, and reviewing and submitting the completed proposal.
Proposal Development Team
The Proposal Development team collaborates with UNLV researchers to develop stronger and more competitive proposals. Our goal is to enhance overall proposal quality by ensuring applicants meet sponsor guidelines and improving the content, organization, and visual appearance of proposal packages. We also offer resources to help researchers develop and enhance grant writing skills, and to identify sources of funding for research and scholarly activities.
Proposal Development Manager
Other Pre-Award Proposal Resources
Proposal Development Assistance
- Common Elements of a Proposal
- Institutional Information for Proposals
- Sponsor Resources on Developing Strong Proposals
- Grant Resource Center: Guide to Developing "Competitive Proposals"
Budget Development Resources
Proposal Review and Submission
- Review the budget and administrative sections.
- Confirm university commitments and ensure all approvals are attained.
- Provide institutional/authorized representative signature.