UNLV faculty bring wide-ranging expertise to bear on a variety of real-world challenges and research questions. The following master list provides a snapshot of this expertise. Below, several key areas of interest to the community, state, region, and nation are listed; and after each, you will find a list of faculty with expertise in the given area.
To search for faculty expertise by keyword(s), go to UNLV Research Match.
- Energy and Environment — The energy and environment cluster represents expertise in various sectors, including energy (renewable, nuclear, power transmission), and water (supply, demand, treatment, processes), and environment (earth and space sciences).
- Infrastructure and Technology — The infrastructure and technology cluster includes faculty with expertise in such fields as transportation, built environment, building systems, and cyber infrastructure (e.g., high performance computing, parallel computing, and software frameworks).
- Education — The education cluster represents expertise of faculty conducting research related to educational psychology, teaching and learning, and clinical studies.
- Health — The health cluster represents expertise in various fields, including biotechnology, molecular biology, health care, environmental and occupational health, epidemiology, public health, and nursing.
- Social Services — The social services cluster includes faculty expertise related to human capital and human systems in fields such as sociology, political science, history, psychology, and social work.
- Business/Hotel Administration — The business/hotel cluster represents expertise in the various sectors involving gaming, hotel administration, economic development, economic analysis, and market analysis.
- Cultural — The cultural cluster includes faculty expertise in such fields as the fine and performing arts, design, and the humanities.