Harry Reid Silver State Research Award: Application Process
Preparation of Application Packet
This packet must be completed by the nominee. Nominees must provide materials to support their nominations. The following materials, which should be compiled as pdf's for uploading, include:
- Letter of Application (not to exceed five pages) outlining research activities and how they meet at least one and, ideally, all of the three criteria for the award
- Current curriculum vitae of nominee that clearly classifies contributions according to the level of peer review
- A short biography of the nominee (no longer than 400 words)
- Sample publications (no more than five)
Supporting documentation that cannot be uploaded, such as books or DVDs, may be hand-delivered to Dene Charlet, SEB 2104. Please provide only one copy of each item. No other supporting materials will be considered.
Application packets should be uploaded to the application portal. The deadline is 5 p.m., Feb. 8, 2013.
Request for Letters of Support
Applicants should request the following letters of support and have them emailed or mailed directly to Dene Charlet (firstname.lastname@example.org or mail code 4022) by the deadline date.
- Letter of recommendation from a peer
- Letter of recommendation from nominee’s dean, department chair, or supervisor
- Letter from an external community representative
Contact Dene Charlet at email@example.com or call 702-895-2398.