Regents' Rising Researcher Award: Application Process
The Nevada Regents’ Rising Researcher Award is presented annually to one Nevada System of Higher Education faculty member from UNLV, UNR, and DRI. The award includes a plaque to be received at the annual campus recognition ceremony.
This award is based on early-career accomplishments and potential for future advancement and recognition in research. Candidates must have five years of service in NSHE by the date of the nomination and a doctorate or terminal degree awarded within the last ten years in order to be considered for the award. Candidates for the award must be nominated by an NSHE employee or student. See the call for nominations.
Nominees must provide all materials to support their nominations. These materials include:
- A copy of the nomination letter.
- The nominee’s current curriculum vitae.
- No more than two examples (reprints or copies) of significant published works that the candidate feels are representative of his or her research accomplishments.
- A list of grants and contracts received, indicating the project title, name of grantor, amount of grant, beginning and termination dates, and the nature of the competition for the grant.
- A letter of support from a person knowledgeable of the nominee’s qualifications.
- A brief ½ page biography including the information on which the nomination of the faculty member is based.
Please note: The nominee should compile all application materials, including the nomination letter, and submit by the deadline.
For additional information, please contact Dene Charlet at 895-2398.