Regents' Rising Researcher Award: Call for Nominations
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is currently seeking nominations for the annual Nevada Regents’ Rising Researcher Award which includes a plaque to be received at the annual campus recognition ceremony.
This award is presented annually to one NSHE faculty member from UNLV, UNR, and DRI. Awards are based on early-career accomplishments and potential for future advancement and recognition in research. Candidates must have:
- A doctorate or terminal degree awarded within the last ten years.
- Candidates must have 5 years of service in NSHE by the date of the nomination in order to be considered for the award.
- A strong beginning record of accomplishment during the time of employment with NSHE.
- A record of outstanding research accomplishment that is demonstrable through publications, patents and intellectual property, or grants and contracts.
Those submitting nominations must be NSHE employees or students. (Self nominations are not accepted.) A formal one-page nomination letter addressing the following should be submitted:
- The significance, volume, and quality of the candidate’ research including evidence reflecting recognized evaluation in the form of critically reviewed papers, presentations, books, monographs, and other forms of scholarly activity or recognition.
- In those disciplines where research grants and contracts are recognized as an important part of career achievement, there must be clear evidence provided in the letter of nomination that the candidate has been competitive for such grants at the national and or international level.
- The ways in which the candidate’s early research or scholarly work has brought recognition to the NSHE and the promise for future accomplishments.
Please note: If you intend to nominate a faculty member, please notify the nominee and submit the nomination letter to him/her. The nominee should compile all application materials, including the nomination letter, and submit by the deadline.
The deadline for all materials is 5 p.m., Oct. 7, 2013. The nominee should compile all materials in pdf format for submissions online. Materials that cannot be submitted online due to file size (e.g. entire books) can be delivered to:
Mail Stop: 4022
For additional information, please contact Dene Charlet at 895-2398.