Regents' Researcher Award: Application Process
The Nevada Regents’ Researcher Award is presented annually to one Nevada System of Higher Education faculty member with a distinguished record in research. The award carries a $5,000 stipend, a certificate, and a medal of recognition.
Faculty members from UNLV, UNR, and DRI are eligible; although this award is intended for individuals, groups who have made major advances through their collaborations may be recognized as well. Candidates must have ten years of service in NSHE by the date of the nomination in order to be considered for the award. Candidates for the award must be nominated by an NSHE employee or student. See call for nominations.
Nominees must provide all materials to support their nominations. These materials include:
- A copy of the nomination letter.
- The nominee’s current curriculum vitae.
- No more than three examples (reprints or copies) of significant published works that the candidate feels are representative of his or her research accomplishments.
- A list of grants and contracts received, indicating the project title, name of grantor, amount of grant, beginning and termination dates, and the nature of the competition for the grant.
- No more than three reviews, adjudications, or testimonials conferred by persons who audited the original work.
- No more than three letters of support from persons knowledgeable of the nominee’s qualifications.
- Names, addresses, and phone numbers of up to five persons outside of the NSHE whom the Selection Committee can contact about the candidate's research achievements.
- All materials must be compiled in pdf format and submitted online.
Please note: The nominee should compile all application materials, including the nomination letter, and submit them by the deadline.
For additional information, please contact Dene Charlet at 895-2398.