Regents' Researcher Award: Call for Nominations
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is currently seeking nominations for the annual Nevada Regents’ Creative Activities Award, which includes a $5,000 stipend, a certificate, and a medal of recognition.
This award is presented annually to one NSHE faculty member with a distinguished record in research. Faculty from UNLV, UNR, and DRI are eligible; although this award is intended for individuals, groups who have made major advances through their collaborations may be recognized as well. Candidates must have 10 years of service in NSHE by the date of the nomination in order to be considered for the award.
Those submitting nominations must be NSHE employees or students. (Self nominations are not accepted.) A formal one-page nomination letter addressing the following should be submitted:
- The significance, volume, and quality of the candidate’ research in such a way as to clarify the nominee’s activities for individuals from other disciplines.
- The ways in which the candidate’s research or scholarly work has brought recognition to the NSHE.
- Clear evidence of the national or international stature of the candidate’s research. This evidence should reflect recognized evaluation in the form of critically reviewed papers, presentations, books, monographs, and other forms of scholarly activity or recognition. A fuller listing of these should be provided in the candidate’s curriculum vitae, which must be attached to the letter of nomination.
- In those disciplines where research grants and contracts are recognized as an important part of career achievement, there must be clear evidence provided in the letter of nomination that the candidate has been competitive for such grants at the national and or international level.
- The candidate’s continuous record of long-term research.
Please note: If you intend to nominate a faculty member, please notify the nominee and submit the nomination letter to him/her. The nominee should compile all application materials, including the nomination letter, on two identical CDs and submit them by the deadline.
The deadline for all materials is 5 p.m., Oct. 7, 2013. The nominee should compile all materials in pdf format for submission online. Materials that cannot be submitted online due to file size (e.g. entire books) can be delivered to:
Mail Stop: 4022
For additional information, please contact Dene Charlet at 895-2398.