Regents' Creative Activities Award: Application Process
The Nevada Regents’ Award for Creative Activities is presented annually to one Nevada System of Higher Education faculty member with a distinguished record in creative activity. The award carries a $5,000 stipend, a certificate, and a medal of recognition.
Faculty members from all NSHE institutions (except DRI) are eligible; although this award is intended for individuals, groups who have made major advances through their collaborations may be recognized as well. Candidates must have five years of service in NSHE by the date of the nomination in order to be considered for the award. Candidates for the award must be nominated by an NSHE employee or student. See Call for Nominations.
Nominees must provide materials to support their nominations. These materials, include:
- A copy of the nomination letter.
- The nominee’s current curriculum vitae.
- No more than three examples of a scholarly, creative product (e.g., music CD, art slides, videotape, audiotape, work of fiction or nonfiction, piece of artwork, etc.).
- No more than three reviews, adjudications, or testimonials, conferred by persons who audited the original work.
- No more than three letters of support from persons knowledgeable of the nominee’s qualifications.
- Names, addresses, and phone numbers of up to five persons outside of the NSHE whom the Selection Committee can contact about the candidate's research achievements.
- All materials must be compiled in pdf format and submitted online. Examples of work that do not fit pdf format should be delivered to:
Mail Stop: 4022
Please note: The nominee should compile all application materials, including the nomination letter, and submit them by the deadline.
For additional information, please contact Dene Charlet at 895-2398.