The Biomedical IRB is responsible for reviewing all biomedical research involving human subjects. The schools or departments that are generally reviewed by the Biomedical IRB include, but are not limited to:
- Dental Medicine
- Kinesiology and Nutrition Sciences
- Physical Therapy
- School of Nursing (both Psychosocial and Physiological)
- Health Promotion
- Environmental and Occupational Health
- Community Health Sciences
- Health Care Administration and Policy
- Health Physics and Diagnostic Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Physics and Astronomy
In addition, research involving collection or use of biomedical specimens or biological tests would also be reviewed by the Biomedical IRB.
For guidance on whether a proposal should be reviewed by the Biomedical IRB, please contact the Office of Research Integrity – Human Subjects at 702-895-2794 or via email at IRB@unlv.edu.
Membership on the IRB is an annual appointment by the UNLV Institutional Officer. The Biomedical IRB is composed of faculty affiliated with the biomedical sciences at UNLV and representatives from the community.