Congratulations! You've worked hard here at UNLV, and now it's time to get recognized. Graduation is fast approaching. Before you put on your cap and gown at commencement, follow this checklist to ensure you are on the right track to getting your diploma.
Applying For Graduation – Graduate Students
Applying For Graduation – Undergraduate Students
When to Apply
You must have an expected senior standing at the time of your application. In other words, your earned credits plus the credits you are currently enrolled in should equal 90 or more. This should occur approximately 2 academic semesters before your anticipated graduation term (please note — the last 30 credits must be earned at UNLV).
- Apply for graduation in MyUNLV (Student Center under the “Other Academics” drop-down menu). Once you have applied, the graduation fee will be placed on your student account. You may pay this fee along with any outstanding tuition or fees by clicking “Make a Payment.”
- Spring 2016 Application Deadline for Undergraduates — March 18, 2016
- Summer 2016 Application Deadline for Undergraduates — July 1, 2016
- Fall 2016 Application Deadline for Undergraduates is October 20, 2016
- Note: Deadlines for graduation will differ for graduate students. See Applying for Graduation — Graduate Students below for more details.
- Review your Academic Requirements Report under “My Academics” in MyUNLV. Make plans to complete any outstanding requirements by the end of your graduating semester. See your academic advisor if you have any questions about what classes you need to take.
- Prepare for Commencement.
Important Note: If you do not anticipate completing your degree requirements in the semester you applied for you must contact the Graduation Office (895-3123 or 895-3685). Failure to do so will prevent you from registering and from applying to graduate for a future semester.